Here is four of the most budget-friendly countries to visit in The Americas in 2019! From Brazil to Honduras. All of the reasons why you should satisfy your Wanderlust by traveling to these beautiful, yet affordable countries. If you are looking for tips and tricks to travel on a budget, read my blog post on 31 Genius Ways to Travel on a Budget. To know what the most budget-friendly countries to visit in The Americas in 2019 are, read below!
Reasons Why You Should Visit Brazil
- Natural Wonders. Iguaçu Falls is one of the country’s most famous natural landmarks. With over 275 waterfalls and stretching 2.5km, it’s something that should be on everyone’s bucket list. Another famous attraction includes The Amazon River and Rainforest.
- The People and the Culture. Brazilians absolutely love tourists. They welcome tourists with open arms and make it a point to be friendly and helpful. Brazil is also one of the most diverse countries with their people being very proud of their cultures and heritage. A mix of their diversity can be seen in their celebrations and traditions.
- Brazilian Cuisine. Brazilian barbecue is well known around the world. However, being such a massive country, Brazil’s cuisine is much more than that. Be sure to check out one of the many food festivals as well as the authentic restaurants.
- The Weather. Seasonal rainfall provides some relief from the tropical heat that Brazil experiences. Every day is a beach day in Brazil.
- Serves as a Gateway to South America.
- Christ the Redeemer. One of the New Seven Wonders in the World, the 124ft statue of Jesus Christ is a must-see.
- The Beaches. With over 500 picture-perfect islands, and over 1500 beaches to choose from, Brazil will make you doubt if you ever want to leave!
Reasons Why You Should Visit Columbia
- Delicious Food. The country is known for their large variety of fruits and vegetables. They pride themselves on their fresh produce and have many restaurants which serve home-cooked and homemade meals. You can also find some of the best food at their local cafes and street stalls.
- The People. Known for their friendliness and hospitality, Columbians will make you feel right at home.
- National Parks. Colombia boasts 59 National Parks which all offer unique experiences as a result of varying landscapes, ecosystems, and climates. You can see majority of the country’s wildlife at these National Parks – Cocora Valley, Serrania de la Macarena, and Gorgona Island.
- Wildlife. Colombia is home to over 10% of the world’s animal species and has the highest number of epidemic species. Over 1700 bird species and almost 460 mammal species with large numbers of reptiles, insects, and marine creatures.
- Landscapes. Because of the diverse environment of Colombia, there’s a wide variety of outdoor activities that you can enjoy. These include surfing, bungee jumping, rock climbing, abseiling, whitewater rafting, whale-watching in the Pacific, horse riding through mountains, hiking through valleys, cliff jumping, snorkelling in the reefs, and swimming in the endless water lagoons.
- The Weather. Because of Colombia’s close proximity to the Equator, there is a year-round tropical climate. At sea level, the temperature is a constant 30 degrees Celsius. Perfect beach weather.
Reasons Why You Should Visit Mexico
- Budget-Friendly. One of the most budget-friendly countries to visit in the Americas. Most airlines offer travel packages which are especially affordable when they’re not around any major holidays.
- The Food (duh.) If all you think about when you think about Mexican food is tacos and quesadillas, I have some news for you. There’s a whole paradise of Mexican food waiting for you! The north and south of Mexico offer very different options, but you’ll fall in love with both!
- The Weather. Almost perfect weather all-year round makes Mexico a great destination any time of the year.
- Fascinating Culture.
- The Loving People. Whether you need directions or wanting some advice on what to get from the street food stalls, Mexicans will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. Even if you do not know how to speak Spanish, they will try their best to be accommodating.
- Unique Animals. There are some unique animals that can only be found in Mexico. For example: an endangered axolotl or a native Mexican mammal known as cacomistle.
- Chichen Itza. Chichen Itza is the largest of the Maya cities in the Yucatan Peninsula and one of Mexico’s most visited tourist destinations. The design of the temple has special astronomical significance. Each face of the pyramid has a stairway with 91 steps, which together with the shared step at the top, add up to 365, the number of days in a year.
Reasons Why You Should Visit Honduras
- Budget-Friendly. You can get a good meal for only a few dollars, with local street food being much less, and readily available. Public transport is also cheap and easy to use. You can enjoy your stay in Honduras without worrying about breaking the bank.
- The Weather. Honduras always has a warm climate, and everyday could be a beach day. You’ll never have to worried about being snowed in or temperatures reaching below 0 degrees.
- Communication. Honduras has the highest percentage of English speakers in Central America. So the chances of you running into a local who can understand and communicate in English is high.
- The Ancient Mayan Ruins. Copan Ruinas, is ideally located as a base to explore the ancient Mayan ruins of Copan. You can find towering structures which contain stone carvings of sacred animals and other fascinating events of pastimes.
- An Underwater Kingdom. A snorkelling and diving paradise. Not only does Honduras offer opportunities to dive, they are also the most affordable place to get PADI certification with many reputable shops and experienced instructors who are well versed in many different languages.
- The Bay Islands. Namely Roatan and Utila. Both are massive tourist attractions and deserve to be visited during your stay in Honduras. Roatan is more family friendly and has stunning beaches and coves. While Utila only has a couple of beaches, and is characterised by quirky restaurants, bars, and accommodation.