Planning a vacation? Already booked one? Looking for a travel checklist because you are always forgetting something? Here is the ultimate travel packing guide and checklist. It can be used for any getaway or vacation! Are you a budget traveller? Check out my blog post on 31 Genius Ways to Budget Travel.
General Tips and Tricks for Packing
What would a travel packing guide and checklist be without some tips and tricks to save space, and money? (Nothing, that’s what) So check out the below tips and tricks before you start packing for your trip!
- Firstly, you need to take note of how many days and nights you will be spending at your destination. Because the longer you plan on staying, the more outfits you would need to pack (duh!)
- Check the weather for the time of the year that you plan on going so that you can pack accordingly.
- If you are staying at a hotel at your destination and traveling with only a carry-on, you don’t have to pack certain toiletries because they will be provided by your hotel. For example: shampoo and conditioner, body wash, soap, etc.
- Think of any special occasions or events that you may be attending at your vacation destination. Some examples include someone’s birthday, a traditional festival, a wedding. Wouldn’t want to be attending those in shorts and flip-flops! (I hope)
- Lastly, to save space, purchase travel-sized containers but make sure they are the refillable ones!
- In-flight medications
- Credit and bank cards and some cash
- Insurance cards
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Any valuables – expensive jewelleries, clothing pieces, etc
- A change of clothing
- Earphones, earplugs, eye mask
- Book or ebooks
- Travel blanket and travel pillow
- Lip balm
- Food, snacks, empty water bottle (fill up after security)
- Dental Floss
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Makeup remover
- Feminine hygiene products
- Facial products – moisturiser, facial wash, cleanser
- Contact lenses and solution
- Shaving supplies
- First Aid kit
- Birth Control
- Insect Repellent
- Shirts – formal and casual
- Sweaters and sweatshirts
- Swimsuit and coverup
- Athletic shoes/hiking boots
- Formal shoes
- Sandals/flip flops
- Cellphone and charger
- Laptop/tablet and charger
- Medications and vitamins
- Emergency contacts
- Credit card and bank details
- Copies of your Passport, ID
Not sure which destinations are budget-friendly? Check out my post on 30 Best Budget-Friendly Travel Destinations!